By Abbey Robinson, Abigail Ohlmes, and Ellen Modglin
- Unclean water causes cholera.
- Water sources are few and far between.
- There are few wells.
- Much of Africa's water supply has a surplus of salt in it.
- Water is heavy--in many cases it must be carried on the heads of women and is very strenuous.
-Polution of water sources.
How can YOU help?
There are lots of foundations an organizations dedicated to fighting the water problem in Africa! Check out:
- ChildFund: Essentials for Survival
- The Water Project
-Water Aid America
to help aid families in need!
- 80% of sewage discharged into riveres is untreated.
- More than 300 million Africans lack access to safe water.
- 50% of uban water is wasted, and 75% of irrigation water.
Map of Africa: Areas with the Least Water